Friday, May 1, 2015

Love More. Worry Less.


Sounds pretty simple, right? I think it can be.

Over the last month or so, I’ve had my fair share of worries in front of me. Some of them were fair, others I’ve created myself. But, in all cases the worry made me feel stressed and scared and sometimes sick to my stomach. When I’m stressed or scared or feel a sense of uncertainty, I can become my own worst enemy and that is something I certainly don’t want for myself or anyone close to me. 

It was usually the worries that resulted in the risk of losing something important to me that ate at me the most, so I decided it was time to figure out how to conquer them.

You can meditate, you can exercise, you can write in your journal, you can do all kinds of things, and I believe all of those things help, too. But, what helped me the most was love.

When I took the time to focus on love, the worry felt more manageable.

Love can be practiced in a lot of different forms. When I began to worry and felt the worry taking over my ability to get through the day, I paused to love more.

I snuggled with my dog. I did something special for my boyfriend. I called a family member. I sent thank you cards. I checked in on friends. I helped a stranger. I donated my time/funds. I planted some flowers. I looked in the mirror and reminded myself that everything was going to be okay.

It turns out, the more time I spent loving, the better the things I was worried about became. And, simultaneously, in all cases there was someone else on the receiving end getting in a little love in return.


Whatever worries you’re facing today, conquer them with a little extra love.

No comments:

Post a Comment