Monday, December 28, 2009

Thoughts Become Things

Tonight I sat at a table, surrounded by some of my closest friends, taking in a moment of pure contentment, happily knowing they were not only a part of my life for the long haul, but a part of my life at that very moment. I mentioned to them that I decided I wanted to start writing in a personal blog. They didn't ask why, because, well, that's the kind of friends they are. They don't question my actions unless they sincerely find them ridiculous in which case, I trust their judgement. I continued to share my reasoning- stating in my wittingly mousey tone, "I have thoughts.. lots of thoughts, and I think it's time to start writing about them."

If you ask me, thoughts are a highly underestimated part of life, yet something that occurs just as much as a breath or a heartbeat. They encapsulate much of what we are going through at that very moment in our lives, can define who we are and what's brought us there at the millisecond they arise. They can control us, abandon us and transform us. To me, a thought is one of the most powerful aspects of the human mind.

What amazes me most about thoughts, is often times it's the ones that spend the most time in our 10 pound pile of spaghetti-like amazingness that has the most power over us. Spend a significant amount of time believing something negative- negative things will probably come your way. Spend more of your time turning negative thoughts into positive ones- you'll probably find yourself a bit more happy with a bit more encouraging things going on in your life. Tell yourself enough times that something will happen, then more than likely, something on some avenue or plane of that thought will happen.

So, as the saying goes... "Choose the good ones".

No comments:

Post a Comment