Thursday, January 21, 2010

Droplets From The Eyes

As a child they rolled down my cheeks as freely as the waterfalls off the side of mountain roads. They’re symbol often meaning, something didn’t happen as I’d hoped.

They followed me throughout my life, from deaths of grandparents, family weddings, to normal childhood strife.

Each one as salty as the last, and temperature that changed ever so fast- warm on the cheek, cold on the fall all the way down to the knee.

But, somewhere through the course of time, these droplets seemed like a personal crime, showing weakness and vulnerability in my mind.

I learned to hold back the drops of emotion, telling myself there’s no place for this river, flood or ocean.

I held them in, through thick and thin, told myself, don’t let them win.

Until one day I made the discovery, that tears are necessary, and not so ugly and to hold them back is not above me.

For tears are made to release the rain of happiness, sorrow and even pain.

So, don’t be afraid to let out your cries, for there’s a reason those droplets come from the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment